Purchasing Power With Purpose: How Supplier Diversity Works for Everyone
The IJCC is delighted to co-host the following event with the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ), British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ), Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan (CCCJ) and Swedish Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Japan (SCCIJ).
This event will be hosted as a hybrid event with the option of joining both in-person and virtually. Instructions for joining the virtual meeting will be sent to registered attendees after the registration deadline.
From the largest global corporations to the smallest local businesses, supplier diversity benefits everyone and can help level the playing field for underrepresented groups. Join us for an informative, engaging evening in which we will explore this vital supply chain characteristic to understand what Supplier Diversity (SD) is, why it is important to companies and how it strengthens their diversity and sustainability efforts. Hear about NGOs that support diverse business owners and companies seeking to work with diverse businesses. Broaden and deepen the conversation with members of other chambers, and allied business organizations, as we take time to network over drinks and a buffet of delectable refreshments.
(Click the below links to read the speaker's bio)
THIS IS A HYBRID EVENT
For more information on how to register, please review the details below.
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
18:00-19:30 (doors open at 17:30)
19:30-21:00 - Food and networking for in-person audience
OPENING REMARKS AND KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Roman Matla, APAC Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Google
Moriaki Kida, Chairperson and CEO, EY Japan
Hayden Majajas, Global Head of DE&I for Takeda.
- Miyuki Hirose, Japan Market Lead, WEConnect International and Founder, Pink Rose
- Loren Fykes, President & Co-founder of Pride Business Alliance Japan (PBAJ) supporting LGBTQIA+ and Ally business owners, and APAC DEI Program Manager at Google
- Dr. Jackie F. Steele, PhD. Political Scientist and Founder/CEO, enjoi Japan K.K.
Human Resource Management Committee
Ginger Griggs & Nancy Ngou, co-chairs
Yuko Yogo, Yumiko Ohta & Tom Pederson, vice-chairs
British Chamber of Commerce in Japan
Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan
Ireland Japan Chamber of Commerce
Swedish Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Japan
IMPORTANT - Please review before you register:
Please make sure not to register for both in-person and virtual options. Register for only ONE option.
Registration for IN-PERSON attendees:
Event Fee: ¥6,000
Venue: Google Japan (Shibuya Office) Events Space
Meal: Buffet and drinks included
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: Tuesday, March 28 (17:00)
- To ensure safety of our members, guests and staff, we ask you to review the registration guidelines and safety measures before registering.
Registration link to be provided soon
Registration for VIRTUAL attendees:
Event Fee: ¥600
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: Monday, April 3 (17:00)
- Instructions for joining the virtual event will be sent to registered attendees after the registration deadline.
Register for the event via the link below:
- Apr 4th 2023
- 18:00 ~ 21:00
- Google Japan Shibuya Office Events Space
- ¥6000 in-person ticket, ¥600 online ticket