What we do
As the foremost business network for Irish and Japanese companies & professional's, we carry out various activities to support our member's interests. Our main activity is holding events in Tokyo and around Japan.
- Business Networking - monthly business networking events around Tokyo
- Golf Tournaments - One in Spring and one in Autumn
- Annual Ireland Japan Business Awards - every November in a Tokyo hotel
- Guest Speaker events - Irish politicians, economists, CEO's travelling to Japan visit the IJCC to share their views with our members
- Events with other Chambers of Commerce - we have yearly networking events with colleagues from other chambers including ACCJ, BCCJ, European chambers
- Ambassador Briefings - Corporate members receive regular updates from the Ambassador at a breakfast or dinner event
Chamber events are a great opportunity to network and gain knowledge about various aspects of the Ireland-Japan relationship and doing business in Japan. And to keep up with developments in Ireland. Our members are busy people, so we aim to offer added value in the choice of speakers and the type of activity. We hope that you will find something of interest in our programme of events throughout the year.
The Chamber also works closely with other Chambers of Commerce and is a member of the influential European Business Council (EBC), the trade policy arm for European business interests in Japan.
Non-members interested in attending an event are also very welcome where space permits.
Information - we share updates from our corporate partners, the Irish Embassy and other Irish government organisations to our members. On economic, political and business related topics. Research, policy papers, forecasts, etc..
Also, we provide
Advice - the board is keen to support Irish professionals and companies involved in expanding their business in Japan. And also Japanese members on doing business in Ireland.
Recruitment - via our website and newsletter, we share open job positions that our corporate members have available.
Special Offers - some of our members provide discounts to fellow chamber members.