Work at the IJCC - Operations Manager
The IJCC is hiring for the position of Operations Manager. An interesting and dynamic role at the heart of the chamber's operations.
Role of the Ireland Japan Chamber of Commerce (IJCC)
The Ireland Japan Chamber of Commerce (IJCC) promotes the interests of Irish business in Japan and Japanese business in Ireland and encourages the development of commerce between the two countries. The IJCC is actively recruiting for an Operations Manager to take responsibility for the day-to-day management of these activities. This role is open to part-time and full-time applicants. Salary would be commensurate with experience.
Note: There will be frequent evening event management required as part of the role.
Operations Manager - Role and Responsibilities
In this highly interactive, hands-on people facing role, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with Team Ireland to be aware of Ireland-Japan business relationships and opportunities. Team Ireland consists of the Embassy of Ireland in Japan and other Irish government agencies e.g. Enterprise Ireland (EI), Bord Bia Irish Food Board, Tourism Ireland and IDA Ireland
- Develop our membership by building relationships with existing members and recruiting new members
- Provide consistent communication to our members (especially Corporate and Professional Members) & sponsors
- Create, plan and operate events for the IJCC supported by the IJCC board members and partners
- Generate interest and undertake all aspects of gathering sponsorship
- Prepare and facilitate the various committees of the IJCC
- Manage the digital promotion of the chamber and its events via the web, social media, email and periodic newsletters
- Manage all administrative duties and basic accounting record-keeping
- Support the work of chamber directors and committees
- Contribute to the monthly board meetings and provide advice and input to the board
- Help to lead and manage the operations of the IJCC board
- Act as a support and advisor to the President of the IJCC
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, entrepreneurial and ambitious individual to work in an international business environment interacting with high profile Irish and Japanese business members.
This role would suit a dynamic, highly motivated person with initiative who can thrive in working without daily supervision.
The role combines the flexibility of working from home with the ability to be part of a welcoming office environment in the Embassy of Ireland to Japan. The person will be required to be based in Tokyo.
- To carry out the above responsibilities, the successful candidate would ideally possess the following attributes:
- Ability to work individually and pro-actively.
- Strong planning and negotiation skills
- Experience in organizing events
- Ability to manage time and effectively work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and professional presentation skills (written and oral)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with regards to working hours to support evening (and occasional weekend) events
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and in Japanese (JLPT N1 or native)
- Office experience and basic accounting skills
- Good skills with the Microsoft Office suite, website tools, and social media (FB, Twitter, Youtube, Zoom)
- Familiarity with the Japanese and international business environments
- A familiarity with Ireland and Ireland-Japan relations would be a bonus
Please submit, in both Japanese and English, your resume and accompanying cover letter by May 20th by email to yoshihiro.tsuchiya [at] ijcc.jp. And please state if you are interested in a part-time or full-time position.